Wednesday, December 14, 2011

4.3 Retribution BIS List, Non-Heroic Version

Tuesday's raid brought a big change: now I'm main spec retribution.  Not only does that mean that I should change the banner on this blog, but I need to compile a loot list!  What follows is a non-heroic raiding ret paladin's BIS list.  Keep in mind that I'm basically stealing info from this MMO-Champ thread, and credit goes to the OP and all that.  I'm just making this so it's close at hand for me and any ret users that may come across this blog.  Enjoy!



Just for clarification, my stat priorities are hit/expertise to cap>strength>mastery>crit>haste.  I don't have a lot of theorycraft to offer in the crit vs haste debate, and I think at the non-heroic BIS gear level it doesn't really matter that much.  For what it's worth, ret gurus are saying that crit sims out better at high gear levels.  Whatever.  Right now I have 6% unbuffed, so IDGAF about crit really. Without further ado, here's the list.

Head: Helmet of Radiant Glory Source: Warmaster Blackhorn
Neck: Necklace of Black Dragon's Teeth Source: The VP vendor in your home city (1250 VP)
Shoulders: Backbreaker Spaulders Source: Spine of Deathwing
Back: Dreamcrusher Drape Source: The VP vendor in your home city (1250 VP)
Chest: Battleplate of Radiant Glory Source: Ultraxion
Bracers: Rockhide Bracers Source: Morchok
Hands: Gauntlets of Radiant Glory Source: Warlord Zon'ozz
Belt: Runescriven Demon Collar Source: Hagara the Stormbinder
Legs: Legplates of Radiant Glory Source: Yor'sahj The Unsleeping
Boots: Treads of Crushed Flesh Source: Warlord Zon'ozz
Ring 1: Breathstealer Band Source: Shared boss loot
Ring 2: Curled Twilight Claw Source: Ultraxion
Trinket 1: Eye of Unmaking Source: Spine of Deathwing
Trinket 2: Bone Link Fetish Source: Shared boss loot
Weapon Option 1: Gurthalak, Voice of the Deeps Source: Madness of Deathwing
Weapon Option 2: Experimental Specimen Slicer Source: Yor'sahj The Unsleeping
Weapon Option 3: Ataraxis, Cudgel of the Warmaster Source: Warmaster Blackhorn
Relic: Gutripper Shard Source: The VP vendor in your home city (700 VP)

Out of the three weapons, I'm pretty sure the sword from Madness is going to come out on top.  Right now I'm using the LFR flavor and it's absurdly awesome.  The proc is worth 3k DPS, easy.  It sucks that it lacks secondary stats.  Wait, no it doesn't.  It spawns tentacles that do 3k DPS.  That's more than our hunter's fucking wind serpent does in SV spec.

As it is, I'm okay with having a set that's a little more drop reliant vs having a lot of VP pieces.  Thanks to LFR, I already have the watered down versions of the head, shoulders, belt, and sword.

In closing, all I have to say is thank GOD for transmogrification:




1 comment: