Monday, December 5, 2011

Minipost: Things I've Got My Eye On This Week in Raid

This is just a quick and dirty list of things I'm gunning for in Dragon Soul.  Making a list of this stuff is as much for you as it is for me.  I've never been one to have a BIS list of stuff hanging out in front of me during raid.

Morchok:
Petrified Fungal Heart
-Uh, spirit, haste?  Yes please.
Vagaries of Time.  I may just refer to this as Vag of Time in the future.
-No spirit, but definitely a nice throughput weapon.  I'm not having huge mana issues so far anyway.
Rockhide Bracers
-Offspec item.  Beautiful stats.  Probably have to roll vs our pally tank on this (his OS is ret as well.)  He likes to pretend to DPS sometimes.
I'll let Pillarfoot Greaves get sharded or taken for mogging.  I'm getting Silver Sabatons of Fury this week, courtesy of my gracious warrior alt.

Warlord Zon'ozz
Gauntlets of the Corrupted Conqueror
-Crit>Mastery for the way I heal holy.  Not ideal stats, but I'd be happy with this drop.
Seal of the Seven Signs
-Looks like a fantastic throughput trinket.  Look at all that int and haste!  Yes please.
Treads of Crushed Flesh
-Absolutely delicious ret boots.  Om nom two red sockets w/str bonus.  Fantastic.

Yor'sahj The Unsleeping
Heartblood Wristplates
-Hell yes.  Perfect holy wrists
Experimental Specimen Slicer
-The 3.6 speed on this 2h axe make it kind of a butterface, but I still think it's a solid upgrade over regular Sulfuras.  Beautiful stats.
I'll probably pass on a tier drop from Yor'sahj.  Greaves of Radiant Glory are a bit meh with all that mastery. In a perfect world, I'll end up with Pyrium Legplates of Purified Evil.  Eight essences is going to suck to come by this early in the patch, so I'll probably hang onto t12 for a while in the leg slot.

Hagara the Stormbinder
Shoulders of the Corrupted Conqueror
-Perfectly itemized for holy.  Probably one of the higher priority items I can get from currently killable bosses.
Runescriven Demon Collar
-Very nice ret belt.  I'd probably drop that haste for expertise/hit.  Depending on other drops.

Ultraxion
Chest of the Corrupted Conqueror 
-I will absolutely be rolling on this item.  Breastplate of Radiant Glory is beautifully itemized.
Dragonfracture Belt
-All this haste+red sockets+int bonuses is making my head spin.  Must-have belt.
Ledger of Revolting Rituals
-There's no way I'll be able to roll on this over our druid/priests this week.  Eventually this non-heroic BIS item will be mine.
Curled Twilight Claw and Creche of the Final Dragon would find a good home in my ret set.  Looks like this boss is going to be in high demand.

I almost forgot the shared boss loot!
Windward Heart
-A great replacement for Eye of Blazing Power
Signet of Suturing
-Perfect ring.  Must-have item.
Bone Link Fetish
-I believe this is a BIS trinket for non-heroic DS paladins.  Do want.
Breathstealer Band
-I haven't checked out all of the rings from this encounter, but this one is likely to be sought after by me.  I love my mastery.

Getting down these five bosses is a reasonable expectation for this week.  If we elect to skip Firelands, which is likely to happen, we should be able to achieve this.  Tomorrow is raid night and I'm excited to have another go at Dragon Soul!

No comments:

Post a Comment