Sunday, November 27, 2011

Blogging Challenge Day 5: My Favorite Game Items

I'm way too appreciative of the coolness of in-game stuff to do a post like this in a timely fashion.  Over the time I've spent playing World of Warcraft, I've acquired a lot of...stuff.  Ever since the first expansion I was a part of (when Wrath of The Lich King came out) hit, I've saved stuff.  Transmogging was made for suckers like me because I'm going to use the shit out of it, and probably void storage when I run out of bag space on all of my toons.
Picking out favorite items is both easy and difficult.  There's a ton of stuff in game that I'm fond of.  A lot of things that fall into this category, however, aren't items in my possession.  I think it's most realistic to make this post about my favorite items.  Stuff I've acquired, specifically.  I'm going to keep it simple, mostly because if I don't make the effort, this post could end up bigger than it needs to be.

To start, I'm going to open up with a set of things.  My hunter, Kiadimundi, was really where I cut my teeth as a player in this game.  I have nothing but fond memories of the friends I made and the experiences I had back in BC. Demon Stalker Armor was my first tier set on any toon.  I never got around to getting the shoulders, but the Gladiator's Chain Spaulders were a close enough match for me back then.  I can remember back before I'd hit 70 spending time inspecting hunters in Shatt that had the Demon Stalker set.  It's sinister and aggressive looking.  Here's a picture, taken recently (obviously since Kia is a Worgen now,) to share how awesome this set looks:

Also pictured here is the second item I'm proud to have.  Sunfury Bow of the Phoenix is my favorite ranged weapon of all time.  It also carries a fair amount of nostalgia because of the fun I had running Kara back in the day when hunters still had mana.  Good memories to be had there.

One of my other favorite items is one of the Brewfest mounts, the Great Brewfest Kodo.  Up until I got one of these, this mount was always one I've lusted after.  Being Alliance, there isn't another way to acquire a Kodo.  Even though they grow more and more common each year, I still think they're super cool, especially if you're a gnome.  Here's a shot of Jack and his Kodo, chilling in Mulgore where Kodos and cows are born.


My final two choices are both vanity items.  Savory Deviate Delight is something I almost always have in the bags of my characters.  Food buffs that transform you are good clean fun.  Who doesn't want to be a pirate or a ninja sometimes?  Lastly, Dartol's Rod of Transformation has always been near and dear to me.  The item isn't in game anymore, which makes me like it more.  Otherwise, there isn't much else to say.  I get to be a furbolg.


No comments:

Post a Comment