Sunday, November 27, 2011

Prospects 4.3 Edition

As many of you know, it was announced that patch 4.3 will be released on Tuesday, November 29th.  The guys over at Tankspot noted during Legendary that this could be the biggest non-expansion content patch ever.

Come Tuesday there will indeed be a mountain of new content.  I have mixed feelings about the raid/dungeon content.  Yes, there will be new awesomeness to be had in the form of loot and shit that hasn't been farmed to death; this is definitely full of upside.  I can feel a lot of people cringing when I say this, but I think I'm a little sad that Firelands is going to become a secondary raid.  I've only killed Ragnaros twice and as a result, I feel like I'm only just now reaching my stride in that particular raid.  Regardless, our group has matured a lot so I'm hopeful about our chances in Dragon Soul.  The problem with CK and new content is that most of our raiders are bad at doing their homework.

Dungeons and raids aside, I'm excited to check out the new changes to ret.  As it is I feel like ret is a fairly solid DPS.  From what I've heard, the 4.3 changes will move rets even further in that direction.  Holy has some interesting things coming on the 29th too.  Spamming holy radiance sure looks fun.  That's only moderate sarcasm.

One thing I've had very mixed feelings about is the Annual Pass thing Blizzard is pushing for World of Warcraft.  Basically it's a 12 month subscription commitment.  The only reason I'm really considering it (I just pay month to month right now,) is for the mount that's being offered with the pass.  Firstly, I can't decide if it's worth it or not.  Here's a Youtube video of it from MMO Champion.  It's cool, I guess.  What appeals to me most, and I feel I've been manipulated here a bit, is that it's exceedingly paladin-y.  The wings just seem to be a bit flimsy.  I know the mount is themed as a tribute to this guy, but I think Blizzard could have done it better.  The mount will be available on Tuesday by those who have agreed to the 12 month subscription.  I just find myself wondering where WoW will be in a year.  It already seems to be on it's death bed more than just a little.  The pass and the mount will be an option for a while still I think, so I'll mull it over for a while.

I'm not going to drone on about everything in the patch.  The new five mans are probably what I'm most excited about, but only because I should be able to fill in some gaps in my gear.  Other than that, I'm on the fence about Dragon Soul.  I'll get back to you on that.

No comments:

Post a Comment